Saturday, January 8, 2011

madonnaramma

  1. I remember when i was younger i dreamed of being a star. Yes I wanted to be a triple threat. I wanted to sing, dance and act.i used to watch madonna videos over and over and learn the moves as i had no friends so was home infront of the tv alot. I would do them over and over for hours. picturing myself on stage one day.  And to this day i still dream of such silliness. I can sit at home listen to music and i will be picturing a show in my head and dance moves. I can be driving my car and all of a sudden i'm picturing a movie with theme and everything. I must say i have a very vivid imagination. Makes me think that maybe all those drugs i took affected my brain. I mean i've been the biggest cokehead and ketamine head. Oh and all the xtc, , and weed i took. Crazy shit. And i'm somewhat amazed i'm not any crazier than i am already!!! So where may i be going with this?  Well this is how my career began in drag. I remember i was hanging out with some friends. real friends for the first time in my life. Ones like me. It's cool when you meet gays and lesbians cause you feel ur not alone. Anyways one night my friend who would later in life be a bf for a very short period of time introduced me to this drag queen at a bar called utopia. Anyways it was by some sort of divine intervention that he was throwing this fundraiser called madonnarama. And he was looking for other performers to be in the show. So my friend gladly introduced me and proudly  boasted of how well i could do madonna. So he asked me to be part of the show and do two numbers. Which for me was a breeze meant i didnt have to learn anything as i knew alot of her movbes for certain songs already. My very first show i was never more excited. Sure it wasn't a huge event or anything but it was a start. And you have to start somewhere. Mine was in winnipeg at utopia lil club on sherbrooke under what at one time was the longest continous running gay club in north america called happenings. So the day of show finally comes and i get a call from the fabuloous star of this show that he has me down in the programs for four numbers not two. Haha needless to say i was able to pull it off. Though now that i think about it the all the shows i've done in the past and the things that could have went wrong and yet did. But thats for another time. This is just to tell you how i started and how i became dita. Well Dita the performer. Before dita i was flame when i had red hair betty when i was blonde veronica when i was a brunette. Haha but then they all seen me on stage and got to know me as Dita. And here i am still! not performing as i wanted to. But think i'm on a new path to something bigger than just being on stage. Who knows. Anyways stay tuned for more crazy stories. Or i should say crazier as that was quite tame!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment